The New Brighton Residents Association greatly values your business! For this reason, the program cancellation policy has been redesigned to better accommodate the needs of our valued customers. No exceptions will be made to the policy outlined below, therefore please review it carefully.
Program Cancellations Due to Insufficient Enrollment
The New Brighton Residents Association reserves the right to cancel any program with insufficient registration.
- Full refunds will be granted in the form of either an account credit* to be used for future programs or a cheque**.
- Should you desire, you may transfer yourself (or another household member) into another program, if availability allows.
- Should a program be cancelled, you will be notified by phone no later than 1 day prior to the commencement of the class and will be asked to select one of these 3 options at this time:
- Transferring to a program that is running;
- Placing a credit on your NBRA account for future programs;
- Receiving a refund via cheque for the cancelled program.
- Should you fail to respond to us within 3 business days, a program credit will be applied to your NBRA account for the amount of the cancelled program.
*Program account credits are now permitted to be used towards all NBRA programs/workshops, valued added programs, rentals, and membership fees.
**These credits are valid for one (1) year from the issue date.
***All cheque refunds will be cut and mailed within 3-4 weeks to the payee.
Outdoor Program Cancellations Due to Weather Conditions
Certain programs (ie. Tennis, Basketball, Soccer and Skating) run by the New Brighton Residents Association are conducted outside the building, in the park. These programs may need to be canceled from time to time due to weather-related issues.
- Extreme cold weather (-20 or colder with or without wind chill)
- Extreme heat (+31 with or without humidity)
- Air Quality (A rating of 9+)
- Heavy Rain
- Extreme winds
For your convenience and flexibility, a hassle-free full refund will be issued in the form of an account credit (for future programs) or cheque***, with the refund amount being dependent on when the request is made. All program withdrawal requests must be made in writing, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the refund is requested within:
- Seven (7) or more days prior to the first day of the program: a full refund will be issued;
- Less than seven (7), to the first day of the program: 50% will be refunded;
- The program start date or within 48 hours after the 1st class of the program: 25% will be refunded.
- Refunds are NOT available 48 hours after the first class of program.
- A prorated refund will be issued in the form of an account credit for those requests made due to medical reasons (a doctor’s note must be presented).
- Refunds will not be issued for participants who are unable to attend rescheduled or make up classes for seasonal/outdoor programs.
- In the case of poor weather, the NBRA will attempt to schedule a make up class should timing allow. In the case where the NBRA is unable to schedule a makeup class, participants will be refunded the amount of $10 per class if two or more classes are cancelled without a makeup class available. Refunds will not be issued to participants who are unable to attend rescheduled or make up classes for seasonal/outdoor programs.
- The NBRA wants you to be satisfied! Should you attend the first class of a program and be unsatisfied with the program, you may transfer to any other program within the session/season which is not full. These requests must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of attending the first class of the program.
***Withdrawal refunds issued by account credit are now permitted to be used towards all NBRA programs, workshops, valued added programs, rentals and/or fees. Credits on account are valid for one (1) year from the issue date. Any withdrawal refunds issued by cheque are subject to a $15.75 admin fee.